Saturday 15 December 2012

Tarzan Not looking for Jane


                             
,Lay  Should shorten further, Because Handazan looks to have a impossible task to reverse the form, I feel he can, But I would ask you not to call the men in white coats, I know you might think I have lost the plot, But like I have said many times never be afraid to form your own opinion 
 
When I sat down to look at this race, I too thought, Na Handazan  got  no bleeping chance, Viewed the replays, was even more convinced that Handazan could not reverse the form, Then I looked at the market sentiment. HAND EV, WEST 15/8.

This made no sense, At this point I decided to visit the website of Alan King.

 We also run Handazan, Oh Crick and Midnight Appeal at Cheltenham, and the boss added: I spoke to Max (McNeill) and we have had a change-cl-mind and decided to run Handaan. The race has cut-up, and, though we have obviously got to find 12 lengths with Far West, our fellow might have improved for being gelded since he won at Aintree. 



 Had I not took the time to visit  the website, I would not have know that he was gelded after the Aintree race, Castration is not just carried out to improve the temperament and attitude of a horse, Also in the long run it dose reduce the heaviness which is associated  with pressure on the fore legs, Don't think that just because a horse is gelded, its going to help him run faster, The genetics remain the same, the horse will have his mind more on the job, But don't be  expecting him to sprout wings and win very easily, He will still have to work hard to beat  Far West.


 Why do you think he won  well on the 8th of June? Tap-Tap- Tap- OK do you give up? You might be thinking the heavy ground? Hmm yes, But that's not why,



No distractions from females, This is the point where I thought you might call in the men in white coats, But before you do, lets look at the races where he ran badly, After this impressive he then ran.

9th July Race
Here, In this race there were 5 Fillies  In the race that Far West Beat him, 2 distractions were present, Acht ran very close to him through out the race, When Acht dropped away, So did Handazan   Desire to run, Even his win on the 28th Oct, was somewhat laboured, Here again there was a distraction in the form  of Rosie, Not her from Coronation street.





Some of you might laugh, But lets assume that you are in the mood for it,( Hope you don't want me to spell it out), You all worked up, Would your mind be on the paper work that you had to finish off, Or on you know what? I hope you don't say paper work, Sorry to repeat myself, Horses are not machines, They too have desires like you and I, Like we can get easily distracted, So can horses, Today the race is  a lady free race, If Haz  dictates the pace I can see him sending West East, Keep in mind that today its proper heavy ground which should suite Haz more than it would west,  this is not a 2 horse race, Tidal  way, could be suited by the stiff uphill Finish




No comments:

Post a Comment